Friday, January 02, 2009

Celebrating Christmas

Well, I figure you're all waiting for Christmas in review here at the Ambuel household. It's been a little crazy around here (you'll find out why in another post).

We had Christmas at our house this year, so there was lots to do to get ready. Of course we had to make more cookies. Mommy said we were going to make homemade sugar cookies, so she got a tube of cookie dough out of the fridge, cut the end off, slapped it on the counter and said "Ta-dah". Then she got out the cookie cutters and a rolling pin and we got to work. Here are the steps that I helped with:
1.Line up the cookie cutters in a perfectly straight line
2. Smile for the camera.
3. Very carefully extract the cookie from the cookie cutter outline and mash it into a ball and start over.
After we made cookies, I was given the very important task of setting the table for Christmas Day. Let me count and make sure I have enough...
I think the platters should go right here. And I'll be the centerpiece.
On Christmas morning, Grandma & Grandpa R. came to the house.
And so did Aunt Kristin and Uncle Aaron.
Daddy was chef for the day. He cooked made-to-order omelets with homefries. We also had fresh pineapple and sticky buns.
Finally, after breakfast, we got on to the good part, opening presents. Can you believe they made me wait until after breakfast?!? Anyway, there is nothing about opening presents that I don't love.
The anticipation...
the tearing...
the aftermath...
Check out my loot!
I'll spend the next few weeks going into greater detail about all my goodies.
Josh seemed to have a good time too. Here's a pic for all those out there needing a Josh-fix. Enjoy!
Josh also made out well. I got to open his presents, since he can't figure out how to open them himself. He's just a pretty face.

Daddy got a really cool present, a remote-controlled airplane. He was really excited, can't you tell.
Later that day, after my nap, we had a nice dinner, also prepared by Chef Daddy.
We had salmon with lemon butter dill sauce, asparagus, fried corn and sweet potato casserole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home