Thursday, September 24, 2009

Camp Out

We went "camping" on Labor Day weekend. Well, let's just say we slept in a tent...
in Grammy and G-Pa's backyard. I helped Daddy put the poles together and pound in the stakes.


It's a nice tent. It even has a screened-in porch. I stayed in this tent when I was 8 months old. We went to a State Park. After that experience, Mommy and Daddy decided that a trial run in backyard camping is now a requirement for any new additions to the family.
Josh just spent time enjoying the outdoors while Daddy and I did the hard work.
Here he is playing with the sticks for the fire.

And relaxing out in the field.
When it got dark we had a "campfire".
And Grammy and G-Pa came out to join us. Josh loved the snuggle time and fell asleep in Grammy's arms.
And I got to spend some time with G-Pa.
Sleeping in the tent went surprisingly well, although Josh and I made sure to get everyone up earlier than normal. Josh looked very well rested and happy when he woke up.
Josh and I entertained each other for a little while until Mommy and Daddy decided to get up.
Here's Daddy and Josh in the morning.
Any of our friends like to join us next time we backyard camp?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home